Wednesday, September 16, 2009

You can pick your friends and you can pick your apples...

Yes it is that time of the year again. Time to get out and pick some of the freshest apples ever! This past weekend we drove out to our closest apple orchard and went pickin'!

I feel that there isn't a better apple than right off the tree of a well maintained orchard. However my question is this. Out of the hundreds and hundreds of apples and trees that we combed though, not one was the perfect apple that you see in the stores. The kicker is that these taste hundreds of times better than any store bought apple.

So if you like apples or if you like staying healthy go find your local apple orchard and pick some apples!

If you are local to Columbus, try Lynd Fruit Farm. No excuses I saw my friend there that lives 45 minutes away, he said it is the best. Next weekend starts Golden Delicious and Jonagold as well as the other that are already ripe. Lynd has many other choices of fruit items as well. I will blog later about that.

-- Sent from my Palm Prē


No comments:

Post a Comment