Monday, October 19, 2009

Move over Darth Vader, here comes G.I. Joe!

Every once and a while I post about technology, what is available now and wha tthe heck is going to be available when my girls grow up. Well I read an article today about something amazing!

It is a knife that is being tested in today's battle field. This knife seems pretty much the same thing as a light saber that Darth Vader and all of the Jedi yielded.

Next up light speed?

"Nobody ever said the Light Saber was a practical weapon – it’s no match for a good blaster, if you ask me – but it exerts a powerful fascination. Special Operations Command have “completed ongoing testing and field evaluation studies” of the next best thing, according to a Pentagon budget document. It’s a Plasma Knife which cuts through flesh with a “blade” of glowing ionized gas. But rather than being a weapon, the Plasma Knife is a surgical instrument that could save lives."
-via Wired

No comments:

Post a Comment