Wednesday, October 21, 2009

And now for something completely different... Apple Pie Alcohol?

I normally post things relevant to our kids, however I came across something recently that I would like to share with everyone. I have thought long and hard about how I could spin this off as something to do with kids in general, and the only thing I could think is... if you drank enough of this, you could have another kid nine months later.

Anyway, mead is my topic today. Many people, including myself think of mead as a beer type drink, however it isn't. It is actually closer to wine than beer, made from honey and water via fermentation with yeast.

Now, we all know that apples have always been a very important part of the fall season as well as Apple Pie! There is a meadery in Columbus that has an Apple Pie Mead. Brothers Drake Fine Mead, is a local meadery that has developed Apple Pie Mead, and recently began to sell it to the public. I am lucky to say that I was able to try this in the beginning stages of development probably over 8+ years ago. It is a tasty mead and well worth the trip. It is a perfect drink for your holiday feasts!

To everyone from Columbus, this is a treasure that you should at least try once since you live in the area, you cannot not get anything else like this.... anywhere!

I would encourage everyone to stop by for a tasting maybe even pick up a bottle or two... or three like I did! They have many other meads to taste.

Tell them you heard about it from me, I am sure they would appreciate hearing from an old friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment