Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fresh Hot Coco...

The best thing to have right after a long day out playing in the snow is a good warm cup of hot coco.
This day I did not have pre-made packets what should I do?
Well I just got crazy and decided to rogue. Yes I made it up along the way.

So I filled a small sauce pan with Whole Milk. Then I added semi sweet chocolate, which later I learned if you are not making HOT coco, and you are aiming for WARM coco for kids... this doesn't melt very fast!!
Then coco... dutch processes that is. I added that about 3 different times to get a good chocolate flavor.
Powdered sugar... I added it until it was sweet enough.
Cake spice to add a little something.
Pinch of salt.
Vanilla, because it goes with everything!!
Marshmallows to top it off.


It was amazing!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment