Friday, July 24, 2009

Times Change

We love taking the girls to a local school playground. The girls love climbing and running around. Isabella's favorite is the swings, "Push me really high daddy!"


If you haven't been to a local playground lately, I would encourage you to get outside and get your kids practising their motor skills. Also you would be amazed with all of the new and cool things to play with on playgrounds!

I love these new and very safe play areas, but what did ever happen to the old school playgrounds were everything was steel and burning hot in the sun? I remember as a kid one of the best things to play on was a tire, not like the rock climbing walls, nets, huge painted murals of the US, xylophones, and periscopes to name a few!

Here is a list of some of the things from when I was growing up that was a playgrounds.
  • Swings
  • Tires (Normally one big and one small)
  • Monkey Bars x2 - Remember the ones that were shaped like a half circle also?
  • Some sort of fort thing to climb up into
  • The Dome - I am really not sure what this was called but you know what I mean
  • Teeter Totter - But I remember them as being huge!
  • The Spinny thing - basically a quick lesson in centripetal force
  • Slide
  • Maybe Rings
  • What else am I forgetting? Leave a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment